Wednesday, November 6th Commissioner's Meeting, re-scheduled to Wednesday, November 13th, 7pm     Notice: Special Commissioner's Meeting, Wednesday, November 27, 2019 at 6:30pm.

The fire department responds all requests for help.  This page will help you identify additional agencies and resources that might prove useful to you.

Always dial 911 in an emergency situation.

Bloomfield Police Department

Call (860) 242-5501 for non-emergency questions or situations.

Bloomfield Town Hall

Call (860) 769-3507 to reach the town clerk.

Bloomfield Public Works Department

Call (860) 243-1487 to report a road problem.

Bloomfield Senior Services Department

Call (860) 243-8361 for assistance.

Animal Control Officer

Call (860) 242-5501 ext. 5450 to report a problem with a domestic or wild animal or an instance of animal cruelty.


Call (860) 665-5000 to report power outages or downed lines.

Department of Energy and Environmental Protection

Call 866-DEP-SPIL (866-337-7745) to report a spill.

Burn Permits

It is against the law to burn anything without a permit.  Permits are provided to residents and businesses on a restricted basis and only issued when conditions are favorable (i.e., the fire danger is low).  Burning is limited to small twigs in a barrel; leaves, logs, and scrap wood may not be burned.

Permits are also issued to anyone performing welding or soldering and strict guidelines must be followed, including the presence of a second person equipped with a fire extinguisher.

Bonfires are only allowed in special circumstances and fire personnel must be standing by during the event.

Residential fire pits are allowed provided that the device is an approved commercial unit designed for that purpose and uses a covering.